Monday, May 19, 2008

My Friend > My Enemy

As you can see I have added a link on my site here, for breast cancer. Please if you are here, would you please click on the button. Thank you!!!

The reason for my adding the Breast Cancer Link is because I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in Feb. 07. I have been cancer free for a year now. Waho.

I will tell you one thing and that is for 2 fairly small words, they are really some big ass kicking words. You hear them, and then everything goes black, you hear nothing else. The doctor could finish with you have also won a million bucks, but you won't hear that. But you then get back into focus at some point, and then its the tears, and then its ok I can do this, and I will do this, and I will win.

Well this blog is more or less not going to be about my Breast Cancer, its about my BEST FRIEND, and how she was there for me.

When I found out about those 2 nasty words, I call Suzanne, and like the trooper she is, told me everything will be fine, and proceeded to give me the name of a doctor to go and see. Mind you I am 200 miles away, but if she told me this is the guy to see, dam right I was going to make the trip down.

Well let me tell you, I am so very very grateful to her for that, the doctor was fabulous. I am still coming down to see him every 3 to 6 months, and that fine by me.

Well anyway, I came down a few days prior to my surgery. Suzanne took me shopping and just hung out with me, trying to keep my mind off of things. My husband was with me, but I needed her at the time. Spent the night before the surgery with her, not really doing anything, not even really talking, but that was ok. It was knowing she was there for me.

Anyway after the surgery was done, I was home at my moms house, when she became ill. Well so much for resting up afterwards, I think I got an hour in, when I had to take my mom to the emergency room. Suzanne is a nurse at the hospital, and when I went to her floor, she just looked at me and said, "what are you doing here, you just had surgery." Well I told her the story, and she came down to the emergency room with me, told me to go home and she would look after my mom. Needless to say, she did, and did look after her for the next few days, because I had to get back home (200 miles away) to my own family.

I am very happy and grateful to have a friend like that, who is always there when you need them. I am truly blessed.

I think everyone should have a friend like that.

Because I am not, no way going to share mine. SORRY

No comments: