Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Friend Eileen

Its Tuesday night at about 11:00 pm. I am pretty wiped out, I spent a good part of my day sitting in traffic, on a normal day I would have made the trip in about 3 hours, but today it took me 5 hours. I was down on Long Island today to be there for my friend Eileen.

Eileen's mother passed away on Friday May 9th, and the funeral was today Tuesday May 13th.

I have been friends with Eileen since we were about 12 years old. There is not a thing I would not do for her, or she for me. Eileen is what you would call a true and loyal friend. Eileen's mother, I am sure is very proud of the way her daughter turned out. Eileen's mother has done a wonderful job in raising her daughters, considering the fact that she was diagnosed with Parkinson's when Eileen was about 4 years old, and was fighting a losing battle. Eileen is a loving, caring, and thoughtful person, and is always there for her friends, and family.

We have had alot of fun together in the years that we have known each other. We have been there for each other when times got tuff, and we have been then for each other when times where great. I don't think she has every forgotten to send me a birthday, or anniversary card to me or my husband. I am proud to call her my friend, and I hope to be her friend until the end. Eileen, I love you. You are truly a friend in every sense of the word. And needless to say EVERYONE LOVES EILEEN.

1 comment:

Sweet Pea 48 said...

True friends are rare and I am glad you have found one in eachother!