Sunday, May 18, 2008

Manhattan

Well its Sunday evening, I am down on Long Island again for the 2nd time this week. I came down on Friday evening, so that my daughter could go into the city to take her placement exams at FIT (Fashion Institute) where she will be attending in the fall.

I presently live 200 miles northwest of the city, in a small town in upstate New York, for the past 10 years.

I grew up in Queens and worked in the city for 10 years. So none of this is new to me.

I learned on Saturday, when I had to go into the city to pick up my daughter, that I have not lost my edge. That is my edge for driving in Manhattan. I still got It, and the It is the attitude you need to be able to drive down there. I was still able to compete with the best of them.

Between the taxi's honking their horns at you and cutting you off, there are those real nice folk, who will not by any means let you into a lane, because they are in such a rush to get know where. Yes I was yelling at people, (but no one heard me accept for my mother and my niece, who were in the car) the hands were also flying around. One guy even gave me the finger, go figure.

I have to admit after living upstate, I really can not stand to drive down in the city, it is just to frustrating to do.

Don't get me wrong, I love the city, and am a little bit jealous that my daughter will be living there for the next 4 years.

But when I go to visit her, I think I will take public transportation.

No comments: