Friday, June 13, 2008

She is Done With High School

Today was my 2nd daughters last day of High School. I am feeling real old here.

I remember like it was yesterday, I never expected her to go to school at all. When she was 4 years old, she became a nursery school drop out. Had to be home with me, and her brothers, they were 2 and a new born.

I couldn't make a move without her being like right up my ass. We would go to see friends, and she would just stand behind me and hold onto my leg. Even when she knew the people we were visiting. My friends would try to pry her away from me. But nothing worked. All I would think was how am I going to get this poor child to school, she won't leave my side, OH CRAP.

Then it was time for Pre-K, and what do ya know, there she went, off on her own. She loved going to school. But she still hung onto me when we went out to visit friends. Boy, how I miss those days.

So she is done with high school, and is graduating on the 28th, with honors, and a grade average of 95. Pretty cool.

I am so very proud of her, we did go through some rough times, but all turned out good in the end.

My baby will be heading to New York City to attend The Fashion Institute of Technology to study Fashion Design, in the fall. So I have her for just a little bit longer.

Love you Baby Girl, and I am very proud of you.

1 comment:

KatBouska said...

Wow. It's really weird because you described MY daughter to a T. But she's four now...so I felt like I was reading the post of Christmas future...and I hear you saying how you miss this four year old while I'M thinking "man I can't wait till she's a little older..."

Maybe I'll go give her a little hug and ask her never to get big and move to New York....