Monday, June 9, 2008

"Singing"

On Sunday morning I was on my way to pick up my son The Man from his friends house so that I could take him to work. I was listening to the radio, and a song from ELO titled "EVIL WOMEN" came on. It put a big smile on my face. The reason for the smile was that it made me think of the following story.

When The Man was younger maybe 8 or 9, I have a hard time keeping track of what they did at what age. Well anyway we are big fans of ELO, my husband and all the kids, so we would listen to the tape in the car when we would travel.

Well one time while traveling and listening to the tape, The Man starts singing along to the song "EVIL WOMEN", when it came to the lyrics Evil Women, you could hear him in the back seat singing "He is a women". We are like what are you singing. We then informed him that the lyrics were "Evil women". He was just a bit embarrassed.

Another time we were in the mall down in Florida on vacation, and The Man was singing again, as we were walking through the stores.

These are the lyrics he was singing "Ghost man, Ghost man, don't stand so close to me".

I am sorry, but I just busted out laughing, poor child.

I once again informed him that the lyrics to the song were, "Don't stand, Don't stand so close to me". By the Police.

Today The Man is 16 and is the lead guitar player in a band, he writes his own music, but he DOES NOT SING.

No comments: