Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers Day

Any man can be a Father, but it takes a special man to be a Dad.

Well its Sunday night, Fathers Day.

We celebrated Fathers day yesterday (Saturday) which we do every year.

Its hop in the car and drive 3 hours to my sister in laws house, this has been the theme for the last few years. (Prior to that it was at my in-laws house, but things change.)

All of my husbands brothers and their spouses come, along with their children. Even my mother comes. (since my sister is married to my brother-in-law).

Its a nice day to pay respect, love and admiration to the dads. I have to say that each one of the dads in the family deserve the right to be called Dad.

My father left when I was 9 years old. Yeah, I saw him here and there through the years, but it was nothing special. Sad to say.

My father did meet my oldest daughter when she was about 2 years old, but never had the chance to meet my other 3, because he had passed away 2 weeks after my 3 child was born. Not that is really mattered, he didn't really seem interested in my daughter when he met her. Oh well.

The sad part of it all is that 3 months before he passed, my grandmother(His mother), whom I loved dearly had passed away, that was hard. But after my grandmothers passing, I was talking to my father again, and was hoping that something would come of it this time around, but unfortunately that to came to an abrupt end. He passed away alone, when he really didn't have to.

My father was just that a father, he was not a dad for pretty much most of his life. The way I see it is that he is the one who missed out.

My father-in-law is a wonderful dad, and I am proud to call him dad. The man will do anything for me and I will do anything for him.

Because of the wonderful man he is, my husband in turn in just as wonderful with his children. So I guess you can say that I am a lucky women. I have a wonderful husband for myself, and a wonderful father for my children.

I would like to end this with just one thing, and that is:

I love you Mike.
I love you Dad.

Happy Fathers Day.

No comments: